One of the major technologies driving the Fourth Industrial Revolution is Artificial Intelligence. It has become pervasive in everyday life, with AI applications in almost every aspect of your life. It has emerged as a game-changing technology in diverse sectors, and one cannot escape the impact of Artificial Intelligence in daily lives.
If you plan to equip yourself with the skills necessary for the most relevant career of the decade, then register for the Artificial Intelligence course in Coimbatore. Upskill in AI techniques and technologies, learn a new skill or upgrade your technical learning path. Enhance your career prospects by earning better salaries at your present job, or prepare to make a shift to a relevant job that uses your skills and Artificial Intelligence learning.
The course gives you a clear understanding of Artificial Intelligence concepts, including statistics required for Data Science, Python programming, and Machine Learning. In this AI course in Coimbatore, you also learn about the main Python libraries necessary for Machine Learning techniques.
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Artificial intelligence is the branch of computer science dedicated to using computers as intelligent machines and programs capable of performing tasks and simulating human intelligence. In other words, AI is the theory and practice of applying science, logic, and engineering to machines and computer programs in a way that exhibits the characteristics of human intelligence – perception, language processing, reasoning, planning, problem-solving, learning, and adaptation.
AI trains a program for a specific task and further allows it to explore and improve on its own including what to do when met with unfamiliar situations. For an AI application, you need lots of data. AI algorithms are trained using large datasets to classify, analyze, and draw predictions from data and recommend actions, much like a human, but faster and better. AI also involves acting on the available data, learning from new data, and improving over time. Just like a ‘small human child’ growing up into a ‘smart human adult’.
AI enables machines to learn from experience, fine-tune to new data and perform human-like tasks. It relies heavily on deep learning and natural language processing to process large amounts of data, recognizes patterns, and accomplish set tasks.
Examples of AI
- Siri, Alexa, and other smart assistants
- Self-driving cars
- Facial detection and recognition
- Email spam filters
- Text editors or autocorrect
- Netflix’s recommendations
- Search and recommendation algorithms
- Maps and navigation recommendations
How does AI work
AI is defined by four approaches:
- Thinking humanly
- Thinking rationally
- Acting humanly
- Acting rationally
The first two approaches are related to thought processes and reasoning, while the others deal with the behavior. AI works to simulate all of the above.
AI combines huge datasets with fast, iterative processing and intelligent algorithms. It allows the software to learn automatically and iteratively from patterns or features in the data. AI is a broad discipline with many theories and methods and the following key subdomains:
- Machine learning (ML) automates analytical model building. It is a branch of AI and computer science that uses data and algorithms to imitate the way that humans learn, progressively improving its functional accuracy. ML is based on the idea that systems can be trained to learn from data, identify correlations and make decisions without any human intervention. It uses methods from neural networks to find hidden insights in data without explicitly being programmed for where to look or what to conclude.
- A neural network is a network or circuit of neurons, i.e. an artificial neural network, composed of artificial neurons or nodes. It is a subset of ML modeled loosely on the human brain, allowing computer programs to recognize patterns and solve common problems. The interconnected units (like neurons) process information by responding to external inputs and transmitting the information between each unit. They are also known as artificial neural networks (ANNs) or simulated neural networks (SNNs) and are at the heart of deep learning algorithms.
- Deep Learning is a subfield of machine learning and involves the use of neural networks to simulate the functioning of the human brain and learn from large datasets. It uses vast neural networks with many layers of processing units, computing power, and improved training techniques to learn complex patterns in large amounts of data. It is based on representation learning and can be supervised, semi-supervised or unsupervised.
- Computer vision deals with pattern recognition and deep learning to identify what’s in a picture or video. When machines can understand, visualize and process images, they exhibit the ability to capture images or videos in real-time and interpret their surroundings. This is used in imagery and video analysis.
- Natural language processing (NLP) refers to the ability of machines to analyze, comprehend and generate human language, including speech in their native forms, for further analysis and processing.
Additionally, several other technologies enable and support AI:
- Graphical processing units are specialized electronic circuits designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images. They are critical to AI because they provide the heavy compute power required for iterative processing.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the network of physical objects, embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies used for connecting and exchanging data with other devices and systems over the Internet.
- Advanced algorithms are developed and combined in various ways to analyze more data faster and at multiple levels. This intelligent processing helps to identify and predict rare events, understand complex systems and optimize various scenarios.
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are portable packages of code that make it possible to add AI functionality to existing products and software packages.
AI provides human-like interactions with software and offers decision support for specific tasks. Its sole objective is to simulate human cognition and intelligence. If you do a course in Artificial Intelligence, there is no way you will be without a job or add to your CV.
So learn how AI works and fast-track your career growth.